Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Don

Hi Kyley here are a few pics of your Pen Knife next to my Don knife! I hope imitation is the best form of flattery because I wanted to make something like yours...
I made this in the Sugarcreekforge build along and was very happy with it. For those of you who do not know of the sugarcreekforge build along it was a youtube event where we all learned how to make our first knife out of files and hand tools. My knife was made out of 1095 and Kyley's is made out of O1 tool steel with a more sophisticated heat treat to 60-61RC and cry treated.

About me...I am Don...a legend in my own time...I used to have a you tube channel but had to take it down because I started a new job and did not want people to know I am a knife crazy awesome guy. So I had to keep that part of my life quite since I live in a sheepish society in the State of New Jersey! I really like my CKC knives...I really like knives and I even like se my CKC knives a lot in the kitchen. My CKC pen knife is my primary garlic cutter. My CKC streamline is my traveling kitchen knife when I go anywhere. 

I will do more knife related pics with the streamline cooking or doing stuff to trees. Stay tuned YouTube
~Don from NJ
Pennfootball71

1 comment:

  1. Thank you DeanO....Kyley has helped me out a lot. I really respect him and what he has done with his channel and how he just freely gives to all of us his knowledge on knives. He really does care about this hobby and the people as a community. He is someone who I really admire and support.

    ReplyDelete